Faculty Resources

SSU Faculty are an integral part of International Education at Sonoma State University, and there are many ways to be involved. Whether it’s leading a student group abroad for a course over the summer, teaching abroad, or volunteering to interview study abroad applicants, faculty participation is strongly encouraged!

Ways for faculty to promote international education on campus:

Request a Classroom Visit!

As you prepare your Canvas courses for this semester, make sure to include the Study Away Classroom Presentation page on Canvas! This page includes a 6:30 minute video that introduces study away opportunities at SSU, resource links for students, and steps on how to get started with the application process. All SSU faculty can access this page through the Canvas Commons. Study Away Commons Page
If you would like to incorporate the classroom presentation video into your class in another way, here is the direct link to the video: https://youtu.be/lv5WKOe916o
Additionally, if you are holding synchronous class sessions, GEO can join your session for a more traditional, quick 5-10 minute discussion and bring along a study away alumni so students can ask questions. Just fill out this quick online request form.

Help internationalize the campus!

Do you know of a program or have a colleague abroad? Let us know and we can look into setting up partnerships and/or exchange agreements!

Want more students from SSU to study abroad? Consider working with your department to set up scholarships for students within your major to study abroad. Departments can also look into adding courses with an international focus, work with us to identify programs that are particularly well suited for students in the major and set up established pathways, or even to add international experience as a component of the major! Contact us for more information!

Participate in International Education Week

International Education Week is a national initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to celebrate and promote international education and exchange. Sonoma State University participates annually and hosts many different events in celebration of international education. If you are interested in hosting a lecture, bringing a speaker on campus, or assisting another international education-minded event, contact us to get involved! For more information on International Education Week visit their website.

Bring a Fulbright Scholar to campus!

Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Fulbright Schuman Program